Important versions for upgrade path
YMCA Website Services development moves quickly and in this document, we flag important versions that should not be skipped while you upgrade your sites.
Determining your upgrade path
For example: If you are on YMCA Website Services 8.1.2 and want to upgrade to YMCA Website Services 220.127.116.11 you should make it in a couple of steps
- Upgrade 8.1.2 to 18.104.22.168
- Upgrade 22.214.171.124 to 126.96.36.199
- Upgrade 188.8.131.52 to 184.108.40.206
- Upgrade 220.127.116.11 …
These supplemental documents elaborate on a few specific cases:
- Upgrade from YMCA Website Services <8.1.3
- Upgrade from 8.1.3 to 18.104.22.168
- Upgrade from 22.214.171.124 to 126.96.36.199
188.8.131.52- Optional, when you have a lot of customized code and 184.108.40.206 is failing in most places.
220.127.116.11- This is a very important step everyone should have. After this version,
drush entupstops working. In this version, we finally migrated to the core media subsystem, and before going further it is important to upgrade media by upgrading your site to this version first.
18.104.22.168- This is a very stable Drupal 8 based YMCA Website Services with a bunch of contrib module updates. This is one of the last Drupal 8 based YMCA Website Services versions before the upgrade to Drupal 9 core. Also, in 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199 we started to introduce multiple version constraints in
composer.jsonto allow developers to choose between the minimum or latest dependency versions. This is for securing the upgrade path as well as adding flexibility for version selection if needed.
188.8.131.52- Drupal 9 version which must be used in the upgrade path before going to 184.108.40.206+. This version added 9.0-9.1 Drupal Core and disabled deprecated components.
220.127.116.11- Removed a bunch of unused modules from distribution.
18.104.22.168- Last Open Y Drupal core 9.3.* release
22.214.171.124- Technical release of YMCA Website Services ( no diff with 126.96.36.199 )
188.8.131.52- Pre Drupal 10 release, latest Drupal 9 release. Before going into Layout Builder era it is recommended to uninstall
10.2.14- Drupal 10|9 release, where you may follow the recommendations below:
- Upgrade to the latest Drupal 9 core (using version 10.2.14 of the distribution, released in June 2023).
- Upgrade all contrib modules and libraries to their latest Drupal 9-compatible versions (with
- Use drupal-rector, drupal-check, and PHPCS to prepare custom modules and themes for Drupal 10.
- Upgrade to Drupal 10 and run regression testing to search for hard-to-find bugs (update
drupal/core-*projects in composer.json, then run
- Upgrade all contrib modules on the Drupal 10 site to their latest versions (
10.3.0.1- Drupal 10|9 release, before New Demo Content and Initial Replacement Paragraphs to Blocks for Native Layout Builder Experience
10.3.1- Drupal 10|9 release, New Demo Content and Initial Replacement Paragraphs to Blocks for Native Layout Builder Experience. In this release we bumped a lot of dependencies to become up to date
If you are faced with an issue when
composer installs an improper version of
drupal/core for the chosen version of YMCA Website Services from the list above, please use this trick in order to downgrade:
composer require drupal/core-recommended:9.5.9
Run the above command where your
docroot is. Use the current core version instead of