View a video of this process.
Add a New Video
- Open Y Sites: Go to Content. Click the Blue “Add Content” button. Select “Virtual Y Video.”
- Standalone Virtual Y sites: Go to Virtual Y -> Videos -> Add Video
- You can also add a new Video from the main Content tab.
Add a Title for your video and a description. These will display below the video.
Use the Media tab to select your video. Click “Select videos.”
- New Videos – The default option.
- Name your video the same as your content.
- Copy and paste your video URL into the Video URL field
- This field currently supports Vimeo and YouTube.
- You can use the main url in your browser’s site tab. You don’t need any code or special embed URLs.
- All other fields (Media Tags, Directory, Revision Log Message, URL Alias) can usually be ignored.
- Previously Uploaded Videos – If you’ve uploaded a video before and you’re reusing it, you can go to the “Select Videos” tab and choose the video you wish to embed.
Select a Level for your Video if applicable (such as for an on-demand class).
- You can add/edit the default levels by going to Structure -> Taxonomy -> Virtual YMCA Level -> List terms.
Type in the Instructor name, if applicable.
Choose a category for your video by typing it in and selecting from the dropdown. One category per video.
If your video includes the use of equipment (such as exercise equipment for a workout video), type in the name of your equipment and select from the list. To add another piece of equipment, click “Add another item.”
You can configure the available equipment to choose from by going to Structure -> Taxonomy -> Virtual YMCA Equipment -> List terms.
Add your video’s length in seconds in the “Duration” field.”
To feature your video on the Virtual Y homepage, click the featured box.
Click the blue Save button to save the document.