Open Y Sites
- Open Y version 2.0 or newer.
- The ability to install Virtual YMCA modules
Virtual Y Standalone Site
Tech stack required
- Ubuntu Server (local or Cloud environment) with 2CPU and 2GB of RAM minimum.
- Server configured with LAMP stack (Linux/Apache/MySQL/PHP).
- PHP 7.4+ ( PHP 8.1+ is recommended)
Recommended Hosting Solutions
- Digital Ocean – Cost-effective. For self-installs.
- OneEach Technologies – Mid-range. For Ys with developer partners.
- Acquia/Pantheon/Platform.sh – Enterprise. For large YMCAs.
SSL (Security Certificate)
Security certificate that authenticates that you own your website. Displays lock icon in user’s web browser. Required by most modern browsers. SSLs are widely available for a large number of reputable providers.
Domain Name (Website Address)
Only required for standalone Y sites . Can be set up with its own unique web address (i.e.,virtualymcatn.org), a unique directory within your existing site (ymcamidtn.org/virtual) or as a subdomain of your existing site (virtual.ymcamidtn.org).
Requirements for each of these setups is unique. Contact your developer partner or the Open Y community for help with your setup.
CRMs with Full Integration
- Salesforce (Coming Soon)
- Upload a .csv file of emails to your server to use the manual sign-in experience.
Last modified October 17, 2022: fix: update VY PHP requirements (efe3580a)